The device is currently receiving a new OTA update that adds support for Widevine L1, 4K video recording at 60 frames per second, and more. The Magisk log (retrieved from /cache or saved from the Magisk Manager) and magisk.log.bak would also help. Providing the output from terminal might be useful as well. If boot takes longer than usual after setting a new fingerprint or a custom prop, try changing the boot stage to post-fs-data. If you suddenly can’t find some apps, or that you aren’t offered the latest version of an app, it might be because of having changed the device fingerprint.
The ROM now can be installed on devices that are not supported by their manufacturers to receive any future updates. For instance, POCO F1 was launched with Android 9 and can go up to as high as Android 11. But, by using PORTED ROMS or Custom ROMS, you can try Android versions that will not be provided officially by your OEM. When it comes to battery and speed, the Poco F1 is a beast that rivals smartphones double or triple the price.
Try disabling this option in the script settings and see if that changes anything. This issue can in rare cases be caused by the module post-fs-data boot script taking too long to execute. This can be worked around by enabling the script setting to execute the script entirely in the background. This has the potential of causing other issues though, so only enable it if you need it. Just place the file in one of the above mentioned locations prior to installing the module. This option will disable or enable colours for the props script. There are also several partition specific variations of some of the used props (system, vendor, product, odm).
Upon further testing though, we were able to install it on many other devices directly from the Play Store. The Xiaomi Pocophone F1 is an interesting experiment for the company and I for one am curious to see how it pans out for them. Many have said they are taking the OnePlus approach by offering high-end specs at a respectable price. They are also being quite friendly to the developer community with a promise of only a 3-day wait for their bootloader unlock program. Which still shouldn’t even be needed, but it’s a lot better than having to wait over 2 months like some other Xiaomi devices.
- However, we recommend using the latest tool version for Maximum Compatibility and Stability with the Windows OS.
- I’m not talking about the initial batch of pre-iPhone era devices like the Nokia N-Gage or Gizmondo, nor early 2010s-era devices from Sony and Samsung with slide-out controllers.
- In terms of updates, it’s not the fastest one, but for good performance and day-to-day tasks, you can definitely rely on OmniROM.
- It doesn’t have to match either device or Android version.
- There are a couple of persistent options that you can set for the props script.
- If you used a non-rooted ROM and want to get back fully to stock, all you need to do now is re-lock the bootloader.
In this guide, we’ll take stock firmware file a look at the three main ways to get back to stock Android. Whether that means going fully unrooted with a locked bootloader or just reverting to the stock ROM but keeping root access, you’ll find an option that works for you.